A Recipe For... Lemon Loaf Cake!!!

                            Lemon Loaf Cake!
                               (Special thanks to my little helper Lydia)
Tools needed

  • Loaf pan 
  • Small bowl
  • Medium bowl
  • Large bowl
  • Electric hand/or stand mixer
  • Zester
  • Wire rack
  • Whisk/or fork
Ingredients needed for the cake

  • Butter for greasing the pan (I prefer to use cooking spray)
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice 
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder 
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 tablespoon salt
  • 1 stick of butter(at room temperature)
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 a teaspoon vanilla extract( if you want a stronger lemon flavor use lemon extract instead)
  • 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest

Ingredients needed for glaze
  • 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
  • 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 to 3 tablespoons milk
  Preheat the oven to 350 f.
Grease and lightly flour a loaf pan.
  
  Make the sour milk.
In a small bowl, add 1/3 cup milk and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and stir until combined. Let sit for about 10 minutes.


  Mix the dry ingredients.
In medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.



  Cream the butter and sugar.
In a large bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 10 seconds, or until smooth. Beat granulated sugar until well blended light, and fluffy. About 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg is added. Beat in the vanilla and lemon zest.



  Combine all ingredients.
Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk mixture into the butter mixture, beating on low after each addition, until batter is well combined.



  Bake the cake.
Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. Cool slightly, then remove the cake from the pan to finish cooling on a wire rack.


  Make the glaze. 
In a medium bowl, whisk together the confectioners sugar, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of milk. Whisk in more milk as needed until thick but spreadable. Spoon the glaze over the top of the cake, so it can drizzle down the sides.


  This is one of my favorite recipes! I love to make it with my grandma. I have very fond memories of standing next to her adding ingredients into the mixer. My favorite part was sharing what we had made with my family at the dinner table. Lydia and me would go over to their house for a few hours and lydia would play with some toy she brought, while I would be helping my grandma in the kitchen. Her house always smells so good! Every time we go over to my grandparents house she always has baked, or cooked something amazing! One of the things I miss most during this stay at home order is her cooking.
 I also miss my grandma Nami’s enchiladas and gazpacho. It is SO good!! Whenever we go to her house on sabbath we have enchiladas and gazpacho. Usually a late lunch because we stay at church a while.

  
  Hope you all enjoy your cake,
                            Annika Larraine

Comments

  1. Thanks for the recipe, Annika! I really enjoy cooking so I may give this a try next time we have visitors over! I agree, enchiladas are so yummy. I made some a while ago and everyone loved them!

    Blessings,

    ~ Jemima

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to talk to you! I always respond to comments!

Popular Posts