30 Day Challenge Day 7!

                         My Favorite Trip




So I have gone on a lot of trips in my time, but the San Diego trip was one of my favorites, aside from my National Parks trip.(We'll get to that later) So here is a narrative I wrote last year about it, 


I wake up to my sister noisily packing her bag, I immediately jump out of bed and run over to my bag and pick up my outfit. I am so excited I can’t wait to get to the airport. As soon as my bag is packed my parents announce that we are leaving in five minutes. My sister and I jump in joy- we can’t wait! The weather outside is rainy and cold, I decide I will get my warm blanket. As I run out to the car I gasp when the cold Autumn air hits my skin.    

We finally  get into the car and I can’t wait, but unlike my sister, I am not saying ‘Are we there yet?” I decide that we will read my book, an hour and a half later we arrive at the Airport. I get out and see the huge silver birds and I am amazed by how much noise they can make, A few minutes later I hear the shrill squeal of my baby cousin, Marek, in the stroller following behind my aunt and uncle. We get all of our luggage together and begin our walk to the elevator. After we get through security we go to a restaurant to pass the time until we board. I order a veggi burger and it is the best one I have ever had! Finally, it is time to board. After I settle in i feel the rumbling of the engine under me, Before I ever know it I am looking at the beautiful California land thousands of feet under me. I see Lake Tahoe and pretty soon the unbelievably large ocean. At last we land in San Diego. We wait for an hour for my dad to return with the rental car. When he finally arrives, I see the big white car with three rows of car seats. I am in awe of all the beautiful palm trees and the city as we drive through to the city. We arrive at the hotel in Hotel Circle, unload our luggage and follow my mom into the hotel. I immediately see my grandparents and my great aunt and uncle. They are discussing all the different taco shops we could go to, as they talk, I feel the warm California breeze against my face, I am surprised by how warm the air is in November. Finally my mom announces that while they discuss on the taco shop, we are going to go up to the room and get settled. We come back a half an hour later and tell us that we are going Los Panchos the restaurant my mom used to go to when she was a kid. It is the most amazing food I have ever tasted. 

When we wake up in the morning we go down to breakfast and I immediately decide I will have a cinnamon roll. When we finished eating we rushed back up to the room to get ready  for a day at the beach. We all pile into the car and step out onto the boardwalk right next to the sparkling blue ocean. We see a surf shop to rent our surf boards. As soon as we get the boards, we rush down to the water! I hesitate for a few seconds then run right in, I feel at home when my skin hits the warm water. I surf for a while and then come out for a snack. I can’t believe what I am seeing! There is a vsco girl photo shoot just left of us they have really small bikinis and at least twenty Hydro Flasks, then there is a guy who had hair like Elvis with a really muscular upper body and no muscle in the lower body. After I was warm and I get my snack I run back into the water and after I was on my third wave I see my cousins, aunt, and uncle as they are coming down the big steps to the beach. When we are all done surfing we decide it is time for lunch and we go to a little taco shop and we all get Mexican sodas. On our walk back to the car, I made my family make a quick detour to a ‘make your own ice cream sandwich shop.’ I am so excited I have never seen anything like it. When we are all finished with our ice cream, I was very anxious to do some shopping so we go to SeaPort village where we rode a historic carousel just as my mom and uncles did when they were kids. Then we spent the next hour shopping for all the cool things in the stores.

When we wake up in the morning I am so excited that after a few years I finally get to see my great grandma Toodie. I set out my dress the night before but I decide I will wear a tee shirt and denim shorts. When we get to the party my mom had to introduce me to all the relatives I didn’t remember. When my Grandma Toodie came I hold her hand for a long time while we are taking pictures. After we are finished taking pictures I get a piece of lemon cake, and it is the best piece of cake I have ever had! After a little while I see it is starting to get dark, I go outside to feel the temperature, I am excited to feel that it is still warm outside. I go to get my cousins and sister and we get the bouncy balls that are outside. We play with the balls for about a half an hour, when we are done we go inside and see that my family is getting ready to leave. We quickly say goodbye to my grandma Toodie. I am sad to see her leave but I am hopeful I will see her again soon. The next morning I am excited but it slowly fades, as I remember that we are flying home today but I am so happy with the magical time I have had in San Diego!






So, what did you think? What was your favorite trip?

Comments

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to talk to you! I always respond to comments!

Popular Posts