I'm Back!!!

Yep you read that right. I’m went backpacking! We hiked into Indian Beach. The hike is roughly 7 miles in.

 For those of you who don’t know what that is, backpacking is when you have this huge backpack (picture at the bottom of the post) and you hike into a place to set up your tent. You have to bring freeze dried or dehydrated food. You can’t bring too much, or too little.

It was really fun to escape reality for a few days. I went with one of my best friends her mom and my mom.

We thought that on the way out we were going to be able to hike out on a road that was 3 miles, but the construction workers were working so we couldn't. We started hiking on the trail, but the first 2 miles are straight uphill. After about 3 miles we arrived at Hikers Camp. (On the way to the beach when we went through Hikers Camp it looked as if someone was living there. Me and my friend were pretty freaked out but figured it was ok.) We stopped to eat lunch then started hiking again. Then we passed a really dirty guy. But he wasn't normal dirty. We figure he is the one living at Hikers Camp. He was going the other direction and we just passed him on the trail. All through out the trail there are huge mud puddles that we had to climb through. We had just climbed over a big log when we saw him climbing over the same log and quickly. At some point I remember him slowing down then just stopping on the trail. We had to pass him so we did. He said he was waiting for us because he 'reckons we are faster' than him. Me and my friend passed him and he grunted. At that point my adrenaline really kicked in. We started going faster and faster. He kept trying to match our pace and follow us. There were 3 other guys on the trail who we talked to who said they would hold him up for a while. Finally we made it to the trailhead and looked how fast we were going. For well over half of the hike we were doing 14 1/2 minute miles. That"s basically running.

But over all it was fun! Since it is summer I won't be posting that often, but I will try the best I can!






Comments

  1. That sounds fun! Those pictures are so cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun!
    -Lilly
    https://adaughterservingtheking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds COOL! Hope you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I would LOVE to go backpacking sometime! *adding to bucket list* ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. Yay, you're back! *high fives* I love going hiking and being out in God's creation! It's so much fun and super refreshing when I've had a hard day or need a boost. I get most of my poems come to me after being in nature. :D It must have been scary to have that man on the trail but I'm so glad God protected you!

    When do you think you'll be doing answers to the Q&A? I 'm excited to read them!

    ~ Jemima

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I’m back! *high fives back with gloves* me too! It really is! It was scary, but it made our adrenaline kick in so in some way it made the hike easier.
      Hopefully soon! But I think I am going to do a life update first, I have some really exciting news!

      Delete
    2. *laughs under my facemask* I can't wait to hear the exciting news!

      Delete
  7. Cool! When will you do the answers to the Q & A?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Annika! I just nominated you for a tag on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss your posts. When will you do another one?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh sounds like fun! I nominated you for a tag on my blog, go check it out!

    ~Caleigh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to talk to you! I always respond to comments!

Popular Posts