B.C. to Me!

Hi! Happy Tuesday,

  I hope you all had a wonderful Monday! Yesterday I watched the documentary Source to Sea, it is about Christopher Swain, the man who swam the entire length of the Columbia River. The 1,243 mile journey starting at the source of the Columbia River in British Columbia, where the water is so clean you can drink it! Christopher Swain believes that if dams along the Columbia River are taken down, it would revive the heart beat of native cultures. Removing the Dalles Dam would bring Celilo Falls back to life.
  
  Celilo Falls was a meeting place for 14 different tribes. Before the backwaters flooded the falls, the salmon run thrived.If the Dalles Dam and other dams along the Columbia River where taken down, the salmon would be able to get through easier and the salmon would have more of a chance of living. It would also have the river go back to being a roaring thriving natural river. That means that the number of salmon would go up and they would be further from extinction. This would also reveal petroglyphs and pictographs that the Native Americans carved and painted.
  
  This documentary is really interesting and eye opening. I learned how much pollution really is in the Columbia River. I also learned that sewage dumps into the Willamette River, gross right! I believe that people need to stop polluting the environment and save the only earth we have.

Thanks for reading, 
                 Annika Larraine

(I am sorta stuck on what to write for more posts so if you have any ideas on topics please let me know! thanks)

Comments

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to talk to you! I always respond to comments!

Popular Posts