A Mid 60's Summer

 Greetings from across the internet! It's been a while since I posted last, so I figured I would do a wrap-up of my summer so far! 





                                                  ⛤ June ⛤

June was a pretty hectic month. I had my birthday, my mom had to go to San Francisco, we had a full week of horse lessons, set up our above-ground pool, we went camping with my uncle, aunt, grandma and cousins, got Brax's DNA test back, reorganized my room, and went horse camping and trail riding for the first time! For my birthday I had Dressage lessons, and my grandparents drove out from Montana! They got to come see me ride, and then we all went out for ice cream at my favorite ice cream place. Trail riding didn't go quite and well as we hoped, but it was a good learning experience. I rode Tasha, our friend and instructor's horse and my mom rode Tika. All of the horses were pretty amped up. Tika wanted to do trot in place or sidestep the whole trail and Tasha wanted to back up a lot. We started out in a group of about 8 to 10 horses, but then some turned back and it was just 6. I was in front of Tika and we were going down a hill, she decided she wanted to gallop down it. My mom was taking her in little circles to calm her, and I wanted to give them space so Tasha and I went off onto a little trail of the side. Turns out there were mountain bikes and Tasha is scared of them! (reasonably so, I mean fast little things coming at you?) Tasha spooked and we jumped a 2 ft log... but I stayed on and neither of us was hurt! By the time they calmed down we decided we should turn around. At the end of June, we went camping at a place where my mom used to go as a kid and got to see all the places she would hang out. It was really cool. Before we got Brax's DNA test back we thought he was a terrier, but we were definitely wrong. Turns out he isn't a terrier at all! It's sorta funny because my mom said no to every dog breed that he turned out to be. ( except cocker spaniels, and labs just because of the shedding.)







                                               






  ⛤ July ⛤

July was also a pretty eventful month, we went horse camping twice, had lessons for 2 weeks, I started jumping, and we got a new dog! At the beginning of the month, we went horse camping, and it went really well! My mom got to run all around but my sister and I rode around lasso loop, the loop around the campground. When we got back one of our instructors flew up from San Francisco and was here for two weeks. She held a jumping clinic, and I went to it. Tika loves the jumps, whenever we would walk by then she would try to angle herself towards them. Tika and I have come so far that we are planning to start showing in September!!! I'm super excited. About two and a half weeks ago we got Teddy, our 65-pound labradoodle. He was going to be our foster dog, but we got too attached haha. So he's ours now! He is a big snuggle bug and thinks he is a lap dog. He loves my dad a lot so he cries when he can't see him.  He and Brax get along pretty well, they are both weirdos. At the end of July, we got to go horse camping again, and I got to go on the big trails. The first ride I rode Tasha and we galloped off down the trail and through some tight corners... not intentionally though. It took a little while to get her to listen to me again but I eventually did. It was super fun. The next day I rode Tika and she was listening really well. We also swam in the pool a lot despite it being mid 60's all month. It felt super hot if it got up to 67. Overall July was a pretty horsey month and was really fun.






                                      





   ⛤ August 

We got back from horse camping on the first and had lessons the second. One day when my mom and I were heading back from the barn we found a cow grazing on the side of the road. We decided to stop and see where they belong. When we stopped to see when they came from the cow started bucking, and started to run/trot towards me. Luckily they decided to turn and go back towards the fence but right before they jumped over decided to run back towards us again haha. Last week we went out to the barn and found out the well was dry. We had to drive to the general store and pick up gallon water bottles. We ended up buying 26 gallons, but that still wasn't enough. Luckily there is an above-ground pool there, and there wasn't any chlorine in it. That night when we were bringing Tika in we saw that her leg was hurt. We weren't quite sure what was wrong but she could barely put weight on it. On Wednesday my mom and Sue trailered her to a vet. I was so happy when we heard that she was okay. She's on some medication, but it was just a bruise or abscess and a little aging. Since she is aging, I can't jump on her anymore. It's a little bittersweet, but overall I'm just happy she is okay and healing.







                                           ⛤ Books Read ⛤

Forward: My Story by Abby Wambach 5/5 stars

Legendborn by Tracy Dennon 1000/5 stars

Burn Our Bodies Down by Rory Power 1/5 stars

Turn Of The Tide by Rossane Perry 5/5

Rooftoppers by Katherine Rundell 5/5

Wolfpack by Abby Wambach 5/5

The War Outside by Monica Hesse 4/5

Gunner the Hurricane Horse by Judy Anderson 7/5


All right, that's all I have for today! I'll be back soon with part 2 of my " A Look Into My Bookshelf" series, and some blogger tags that are long overdue. Have an amazing day/night! 

Comments

  1. Hey Annika!! Nice to see your blog in my reader again!
    Wow, seems like you had a stupendous summer!!!
    Awwww, your animals are SO adorable!!!😊🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Haha yes, hopefully it will be in there more often. They are ;D

      Delete
  2. You had a full summer of fun! Are you ready for school to start? Do you still get to show with Tika or is it just jumping that she can’t do? Love you!🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! Sorta, I'm excited but I also don't want summer to end :-) I am still planning on showing with Tika, just not for the September show. I am riding Tasha my instructors horse for that show. Love you too!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had an awesome summer! :) And just like Maith said I am happy to see your blog in my feed again. :D
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your summer sounds so fun! So exciting to get a new dog!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to talk to you! I always respond to comments!

Popular Posts