Exciting News!!!

Hey everyone! Happy December!! I haven't posted in a really long time, well 2 months to be exact..... but I'm back with a (short) life update and some exciting news!!!

In the time I've been gone I have managed to move, unpack from moving, do schoolwork, do lots of art and get my new room settled! 

To start off I'm going to share the first piece of exciting news! I finally got my own room!!! It has been so nice having my own space!!! We moved to a nice house with 1 acre of property around us and we are right next to the ocean. There are stables in our neighborhood, and huge pastures for the horses. I've lived in a remodel my whole life so it's been really nice to not have wood in my socks.

Now for the real exciting news!!!!! I LOVE animals, and I have always wanted to rescue a shelter dog. In November my family and I started looking at shelters just to see if anybody looked interesting. Then one night my mom called me in to the kitchen, and showed me a picture of the just about the cutest little thing I have ever seen! My mom messaged the shelter just to see if he was still available, but we weren't getting our hopes up. But right away they emailed back that he was still available, and some more info about the little guy. They said he is a terrier mix, but they can't know for sure. He was 3 months old at the time. We decided to adopt him!!! He is out of state, so we knew it would be a little while before he got here. After weeks of waiting, the day is finally coming up. On Saturday we are going to pick up our little mutt!!! Meet Brax!!!<3<3<3




Aaaannnddd nnnooowww........ more exciting news!!!!!!!!! Last week our riding instructor send us this horse, and though she would be worth looking at. When I walked into the barn and I saw her, I immediately loved her!!! (I probably would have loved any horse or animal that was there). We rode her and got to see how she acts around other horses. We decided she was the perfect horse for us!!!! So, I have a horse!!!!! Her full name is Tequila, but we call her Tika. She is a half Arab, Pinto Buckskin. Tika is 17, and a really sweet mare. Tomorrow our instructor is transporting Tika to the barn we are boarding her at!!! I am so thankful for our instructor, without her I never would have even gotten close to getting a horse. Tika is so cute, isn't she? (she sorta has a donkey face XD Or I'm just used the the petite Arab faces XD)




So that is my exciting news!!! I'm getting a Christmas horse and puppy!!!!

Happy Holidays!!

~Annika



Comments

  1. Heyy! Good to hear from you! I can't believe you have your own horse, and you're going to be getting a dog! That is SO exciting. They both look so sweet.
    Btw - I love your blog's new background & what it stands for <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your puppy and horse are so sweet! I'm sure they will be a blessing to your family :)

    ~Caleigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow cool!
    ~Emiline Carliss~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emiline! Thank you! Welcome to my blog!! Do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WISH I COULD PET HIM AND SEE HIM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, its so cool!! I love dogs too <33

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to talk to you! I always respond to comments!

Popular Posts